AWT includes many components where a novice confuses a lot. For him, it is like in a deep forest without compass. To have all components at a single place and to focus on special programs, this topic is meant.
Check out All AWT Components – At a Glance
- Frame Closing – 4 Styles
Using WindowListener Using WindowAdapter Using Component Using Anonymous inner class
- AWT Components with Frame
- AWT Components with Applets: Button applet, Radio buttons, Choice,
- AWT Containers: Containers, Panels, Nested panels,
- AWT Layout Managers: Layout classes, FlowLayout, BorderLayout, GridLayout, No layout manager(setBounds()),
- AWT Supporting classes: Font, Color, Toolkit, FontMetrics,
- Special Programs: Minimum component size, Insets, No layout manager,
- Semantics of Event Handling: Listeners, Adapters, Delegation event model.
- Placing your company logo on frame: Replacing coffee cup with other on frame.
- Borderless Frame and Packing components: Create a frame without border.
- Smiley Face and Nested Panels: Place panels within panels & smiley face.
- Java AWT HeadlessException: A strange unchecked exception HeadlessException
- Importing two packages: Importing java.awt.event when java.awt is already imported.
- Changing Frame background: Java Random color generation.
- Placing the frame at desired location: Frame Position.
Note: User's selection, messages or component information etc. can be displayed in a number of ways as follows.
- Using Label illustrated in "Java AWT Radio Buttons – Applet GUI".
- With TextField as in "Java TextField – User Name Password Validation" and "Java AWT Choice – Replacement to Radio Buttons".
- In TextArea as in "Java AWT Menu".
- With drawString() method as in "Java AWT List – Multiple & Single Selection".
- At DOS prompt illustrated in "Java AWT Label".
To add more features to AWT componenets: Advanced AWT (Swing Components)