JSP prerequisites to learn JSP
- Knowledge of HTML (especially forms) is essential.
- Core Java concepts of java.lang and java.util classes (not required networking, multithreading, inner classes and AWT etc.) are essential.
- Requires practice of Java OOPs programming.
- A little bit of Servlet knowledge is preferred but not compulsion because sometimes, I compare JSP with Servlets for better and easy understanding (most of the people come to JSP from Servlets) as internally a JSP file is converted into a Servlet and executed.
- JDBC coding is essential to connect JSP to database.
- Knowing CSS and JavaSript is an added advantage.
The person knowing Servlets, JSP is a cakewalk.